Teacher Training Details
Thank you for your interest in the Barkan Method 200 Hour Hot Yoga Teacher Training, recognized by the Yoga Alliance. Jimmy has been certifying Yoga Teachers since 1986. Jimmy’s interactive approach of teaching goes beyond motivational. With compassion and understanding, Jimmy connects with each of his students on a personal level and offers a unique platform to exploreyour inherent skills and strengths as a teacher. Jimmy Barkan’s Level I Training was the first to be established in South Florida USA and is considered the top-rated training in this area and beyond. In fact, there are hundreds of students and studio owners around the country and world that got their start with The Barkan Method of Hot Yoga. Jimmy’s extensive experience in teaching, guiding, body alignment and yoga history is what separates & distinguishes The Barkan Method Teacher Trainings from all others. Come and discover what thousands already know – that The Barkan Method of Hot Yoga Teacher Training prepares you to be the best teacher you can be!
7 weekends over a 6 month period:
- December 11-13, 2015
- January 8-10, 2016
- January 29-31, 2016
- February 19-21, 2016
- March 18-20, 2016
- April 8-10, 2016
- May 6-8, 2016
- $3,750 paid in Full by December 1st, 2015
- 2 payments of $2,000 by December 19, 2015 and February 15th, 2016
- $1800.00 by December 1st …Pay $600.00 Jan 1st Feb 1st March 1st & April 1st.
Please contact Candice at email@example.com for details or simply click on the button below to apply.
- Barkan Method Hot Yoga DVD
- The Yoga Tradition: Its History, Literature, Philosophy and Practice
- The Encyclopedia of Yoga and Tantra
- Autobiography of a Yogi: with bonus CD
- The Key Muscles of Yoga
- The Complete Illustrated Book of Yoga
- Anatomy of the Spirit: The Seven Stages of Power and Healing
- Journey to the Heart: Daily Meditations on the Path to Freeing Your Soul
- Anatomy of Hatha Yoga: A Manual for Students, Teachers, and Practitioners
- Light on Yoga: The Bible of Modern Yoga
- Tantra: Path of Ecstasy
- Anatomy for Yoga with Paul Grilley
- Six Month Consistent Yoga Practice
- Letter of Recommendation from a Certified Yoga Teacher
- Participants must be 21 years or older and be in good physical condition
- Sticky Mat
- Writing materials – 3×5 Notecards, Highlighter, Pens, Legal Pad
- Stamps, Postcards
- Folding chair (optional for clinics and evening sessions)
- Meditaion Pillow/Blanket (Optional)
All applications will be personally reviewed by Jimmy. Upon acceptance to the training we will send you an email confirmation and require a $500 non-refundable deposit. Submitting your application shows you have read and agree to all the requirements for the program. You will not officially be enrolled until we receive your deposit, and a letter of recommendation from a certified yoga instructor.Full tuition is due four weeks before the training. We are unable to offer refunds within three weeks of the training.Curriculum: You must meet all of the application requirements and fully participate in each and every aspect of the training. All participants are required to be on time, attend every class and event with an open mind and open heart.Continuing Education: Continuing education is an important aspect in any career. It keeps you up to date and refreshed. You will inspire your students as well as yourself when you continue to grow and learn. Graduates will be required to submit a renewal application by the 31st of July of every two years along with a $25 annual processing fee.
Level I and Level II Continuing Education Requirements
In order to keep your Barkan Method Certification current all graduates are required to participate in one CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM at least every other year. The program must be conducted by Jimmy. Regular classes with Jimmy do not count towards your continuing education requirements. The required programs include posture and teacher clinics. The most important and effective continuing education programs are the Level II/III Teacher Trainings. We recommend that you participate in one Level II program per year. Returning graduates of Level II training participate at half price.
Re-visiting at least 2 posture clinics with Jimmy Barkan (or a total of 4 hours at the Level I Training Posture Clinics) will also count and your participation is always welcome and free of charge. Graduates are required to make a reservation in advance when they will be attending the Level I Clinics.