Barkan Method 26 + 2 Hot Yoga Teacher Training – Scranton, PA
Thank you for your interest in this 200 Hour 26/2 Hot Yoga Teacher Training, recognized by the Yoga Alliance. The Level I Teacher Training will be a transformation experience in your own practice as well as in the instruction of others.
Barkan Method Hot Yoga Teacher Trainings recognized by The Yoga Alliance, takes an interactive approach that connects with each individual student and helps them learn how to effectively teach. Through the Level One, 26 & 2, 200-hour training, the goal is to help you explore your natural skills and talents as a teacher, not to make you a cookie-cutter type of instructor. This training is a top-rated course conducted by leading industry experts. Reach out to us today with any questions. We would be glad to speak with you.
Jimmy Barkan is a Master Yoga Teacher certified by Ghosh’s College of India, Calcutta, India in 1981. One of the pioneers of Hot Yoga in the United States, Jimmy trained daily under the guidance of Bikram Choudhury as his most Senior Teacher, an accomplishment very few have since obtained. Since 1988, Jimmy has certified thousands of Bikram and Barkan Method Teachers. Jimmy’s experience teaching yoga since 1981, along with his experience as a performer on stage, helps him direct trainees to become better communicators and yoga teachers. Teachers will have a sense of confidence and accomplishment upon completing his training and Jimmy’s unique background creates an experience you will not find elsewhere.
Lara Alexiou formally trained and certified with Bikram 2003, Jimmy Barkan 2008 & 2013, and Zen Wellness in Yoga and Qigong. Lara completed the 1000 Hour course requirements recognized by the National Qigong Association to become a Zen Wellness Medical Qi Gong Director and in 2017 she was awarded the “Doh Yi Masters Certificate” recognizing her for the completion of 10,000 hours in Qi Gong Training. She brings a unique complimentary blend of knowledge that bridges Ghosh Yoga and philosophy with Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Dr. Ronald N. Rubin, MD Professor, Medicine, Associate Professor, Sol Sherry Thrombosis Research Center, Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University has been an educator more than 4 decades. Dr. Rubin (Lara’s dad) brings years of experience molding young doctors. He is an educator and internationally recognized lecturer who continues to contribute to the world through his medical research and publication in hematology and oncology. He draws from experience to demystify and make accessible Yoga’s Anatomy and Physiology to help you build strong foundations and understanding.
March 13 – 23, 2019 & April 4 – 13 2019 Participants must complete both sessions.
121 North Washington, Ave.
Scranton, Pa. 18503
- $3600 – Paid in full before January 15, 2019
- $3,750 – Two payments of $1875.00 1st payment due January 15, 2019 second payment due February 28, 2019.
- $3,999 – $2000.00 down and then 5 payments of $399.80. Final payment due April 1st, 2019
- $3,999 – Paid in full after January 15, 2019
For more detailed information please download the Barkan Method 26 +2 Steamtown Hot Yoga Information Packet
- Take this very unique opportunity to grow and work with directly masters in the Ghosh Yoga succession.
- Learn our Philosophies
- Take a tour of The History of Yoga (pre-classical to modern)
- Gain knowledge about Patanjali’s 8 Limned Path and the Chakra System
- Learn Sanskrit: Discover the linguistic roots of Yoga
- Learn Voice projection: using the voice to inspire and direct energy
- Gain the knowledge you need to instruct and lead others safely
- Gain a comprehensive foundation of yoga anatomy and physiology
- Improve your personal practice and increase the benefits.
- Gain more self confidence backed by knowledge.
- Improve communication skills.
- Learn how to encourage and correct.
- Student-Teacher relationship and keeping teacher space: How to connect with all students
- Join thousands of teachers worldwide to continue the Ghosh lineage.